top of page
Brotherhood work began as a national organization of Southern Baptists in 1907 in Richmond, Va., as the Layman’s Missionary Movement. The name was changed in 1926 to the Baptist Brotherhood of the South. In 1938, its headquarters were moved to Memphis, and in 1950 it assumed its final name, the Brotherhood Commission.
The Brotherhood Commission is the former home of mission education programs Royal Ambassadors, Pioneers, Baptist Men, disaster relief, the National Fellowship of Baptists in Missions and, in later years, World Changers.
Today, the Brotherhood of Kedron Baptist Church continues to serve its community through acts of service while enjoying a close knit fellowship and camaraderie.
(Source: Baptist Press)
bottom of page